Thursday, May 28, 2009

Banana Bread Recipe

This is the best banana bread recipe that I have ever made. I got it from my mom.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas mashed ***
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs. HOT water
2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mashed bananas. Dissolve baking soda and HOT water. Add to banana mixture. Add flour salt and vanilla to banana mixture. Pour into greased and floured bread pans (I either make 2 regular size pans or 4 mini loaves). Bake 35-40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.

- *** I usually freeze the bananas when they are going bad. They thaw out great and make a great banana bread
- I usually use a pampered chef bread pan (stoneware), so it takes the bread closer to an hour to bake.

2 comments:

  1. sweet. I used to have a decent recipe, but I have no idea what happened to it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete